Wednesday 4 July 2012

One girl, many helmets...


Please welcome the lovely Jude Brosnan to London Cycle Chic. Jude has been cycling since she was a nipper, is the blogger behind I Speak Bike and also writes for the fashion and lifestyle blog Le Blow. Jude is not only bike obsessed but helmet obsessed and has so far cycled into the office in a different helmet everyday. Jude, and her many helmets, have joined the Cyclechic team this summer to champion our Hot in a Helmet campaign and spread the Cyclechic word. Over to you Jude...
Hi, my name is Jude and I'm a helmet-holic. I have over time, amassed quite a collection. In my defence, I do spend most of my time on my bike wearing helmets. You wouldn't wear the same pair of shoes everyday would you? I like to match my helmets to my outfits and customise them for different events. Let me show you:

  This pink number is my current favourite. I pimped it up with disco mirror squares to create a tetras inspired design. It makes a really cool glittery reflection on cars. If they must share our roads they may as well look pretty. This picture is from when I celebrated by Birthday by riding through the night to Brighton with my friends. We wore party hats over our helmets so our shadows looked like unicorns.
  For the Jubilee, my sister and I took the tandem out for a ride around London. That weekend was all about the red, white and blue so naturally we rose to the challenge by customising our helmets with Union Jack scarves. Reckon I'll get a whole summers use of this look what with the Olympics around the corner. This picture was taken near Buckingham Palace during the Jubilee concert. I'm propping up my sister who was standing on the tandem trying to get a better view of Tom Jones.

  As I cycle everywhere if I have a fancy dress party I try and incorporate my helmet into my costume as it means I won't have to carry it around all night. Here I am at a 'Superhero' party dressed as 'Cycle Superhero Girl'. Yes those are fairy lights in my helmet.
  Here I am dressed as a shark in my chrome helmet for a friend's Birthday at London Zoo. Although, I have been known to wear it since, just because. I get a lot of people commenting on this chrome number when I'm out and about on it. I think they might just be checking out their reflections. It is handy as a mirror for making sure I don't have helmet hair after long rides.

  I usually wear skater style helmets but I have this little number for when I want to look a bit fancy. It's a sportier style that I have covered with a turban and added a broach to. I love the vintage touch it adds to my outfits. Below is a picture of me in my turbanised helmet with my sister after the British Heart Foundation's London to Brighton which we nailed on our tandem. Note how we have not only matched our outfits to each other, but also to the finish line.
So those are just some of my helmets, I'm always lusting after new ones, I need to find some kind of storage solution, or just move somewhere bigger. Do you customise your helmet/s? If so we'd love to see some pictures. Tweet them to @Cyclechic

1 comment:

fede said...

jajajajaj cool!!!
that´s the spirit!

aptoide repos