Sunday, 31 July 2011
New York fashion week is launching a cycle hire scheme with a difference for the forthcoming fashion showcase this September. Top designers have been asked to unleash their renowned style on classic vintage inspired bikes from NYC brand Bowery Lane. The bikes will then be available to rent for Fashionistas throughout the high profile fashion event. A rather stylish precursor to New York official Cycle hire scheme set to launch next year.
Posted by Caz at 20:50
Saturday, 30 July 2011
Check out the lovely Lady Velo's review of our scrumptiously summery Kitsch Kitchen Panniers. The bright yellow works a treat with her classic black Pashley, loving your work Miss Velo.
To celebrate the summer the Kitsch Kitchens are now on sale with a fabulous 20% off, whoopeee!
Posted by Caz at 12:30
Thursday, 14 July 2011
- Park your bike in one place and walk from shop to shop: If you are visiting a few different shops don't be tempted to take your bike from shop to shop, park it somewhere in the middle so you only have to lock and unlock once.
- Panniers, Panniers, Panniers: Using panniers will make your life so much easier, balancing Sainsbury's bags off your handlebars is neither safe nor a good look! Our Kitsch Kitchen pannier shoppers are ideal and are on sale this summer, now only £29.59! They hook on and off the bike in seconds so you can take them into the supermarket and load your groceries up straight from the till.
- Mount Lock to Frame: Finding space for your lock when you are loaded up with shopping can be a problem. So invest in a D Lock that comes with a Frame mount.
- Try a Waitrose Trailer: Selected Waitrose branches offer cycle specific trailers that you can attach to your bike to get your shopping back more easily.
- Order heavy stuff online: For those heavy or cumbersome items; cans, olive oil, kitchen roll, do an online shop to lighten the load.
Saturday, 9 July 2011
With a self confessed addiction to dresses and enough stripey tops in my wardrobe to send my family cross eyed, I was delighted to see two of my favourite trends come together this spring/summer... STRIPEY DRESSES.
Leading Designers paved the way in their S/S collections, moving away from the classic breton colours and striking out with thick bands of bright colours. My personal catwalk favourite the Marc Jacobs striped silk dress, the sublime combination of colours and unique balance of casual and formal make it the ideal dress to cycle and swish your way to summer tea parties in.
Bicycles and stripey dresses have come together in New York with stylish bicycle boutique Adeline Adeline collaborating with Designer Kate Spade, modeling her dresses on beautiful bright green signature Kate Spade bike
A few other stripey frocks standing in line this summer are...
This fun mini dress from ASOS with triple trend points boasting stripes, pastel shades and pleats
Or for a more classic look try J Crew's stripe blouson silk de chine dress from Net-a-porter. Casual yet elegant this dress is ideal for cycling to the office or out for early evening drinks.
And for a bargain buy go for H&M's Jersey dress with Prada-esque bright and bold stripes, in the sale at only £9.99
Sunday, 3 July 2011
How exciting! Our wonderfully stylish Sawako Furuno Helmet has just been featured on my favourite Sunday morning show, BBC2's Something for the weekend.
Sawako Furuno's Ribbon Helmet £68 was included in Tim and the gangs gadget round up. Along with the Knog Love and Hate gloves (on sale at the mo with a whopping 40% off) and our very loud and shiny Ding Dong bell!
Posted by Caz at 11:24