Sunday 11 October 2009

The Cycle Show 2009


It's that time of year again and Earls court is awash with all things bicycle from 8th-11th Oct. Lavinia and myself popped down to check out what's new in the world 2 wheels.
As we arrived the new Cycle Hire bikes were being unveiled and we were one of the first to hop on and have a go. They are an attractive navy blue colour, they feel sturdy and strong and very pleasant to ride. We suggest our Navy Blue Bern Baker as the perfect helmet to match them.

We met Anthony from I Bike London with his rather fabulously colourful collection of, I bike London, T-shirts. A simple but very effective concept that celebrates the vibrant, dynamic cycling culture and community in London. We liked them so much we hope to be selling some of our fave colours very soon so watch this space.

We also got very excited by Knog's forthcoming Bicycle lock. At last a cool bike lock and a keyless one at that... Pic courtesy of Urban velo. And all their wonderful lights were flashing, Check out this season's favourites the Beetle and the Skink.

Our friends Two and fro were unloading their vintage ambulance with all their wonderful products as we arrived bringing further cool to the event. Check out their Reflective spats, claqs and cream cycling hat for this Autumns cycling must haves.

So all in all a good event. But perhaps a slight overload of brand new, brightly coloured, expensive looking bikes. Riding home I spotted a bike that to me was every bit as Cyclechic. A Raleigh shopper Piazza, this vintage gem was the perfect antidote to a busy day of shiny and new.

7 comments:

MELI. said...

those are cute shirts!!! :D

Unknown said...

I believe that I may go as far as to kill or seriously maim for a Raleigh Shopper... ;0)

James Gardner said...

I was at the Cycle show on Thursday afternoon. Thought it was great! Glad you had a good time too.

Caz said...

I know, I suffer from severe shopper bike envy!

Caz said...

Hi James, cute baba! I have 6 month old, how old is yours??

James Gardner said...

Ah thank you Caz, this is an old pic now. It is of me and Georgina (aka Georgie Bear) when she was 6 months old. When we were visiting friends in Perth, Oz. She turned 3 last Monday. We've just had our second baby Isabella who is just over 3 months old now!

andi-kam said...

Antony told me he met you guys, pleased to hear all the London Cycling entrepreneurs are meeting up! I really liked the Fibre Flare lights from the cycle show and I'm hoping to get a couple of them to review for my blog.