Sunday 16 March 2008

Tip 11: PlantLock it


Finding a suitable space to park and store your bike at home can be a bit of a problem for many Londoners. If you live in a flat and don't have a shed, garage or anything secure outside to lock your bike to, it may be, like me, the only answer is keeping your beloved bicycle in the lounge. This causes endless annoyance to my boyfriend who seems to be constantly walking into the pedals.
The PlantLock from The Front Yard Company could be a solution. They are classed as imovable weighing 75+kg when planted up and you can lock two bikes to the handles securely. They can brighten up a dead bit of space at the front or back of your building or can be kept indoors in a hallway or stairwell. They retail at £135.
We are moving (to another flat) next month and I have been given a 'no bikes in the lounge' rule so have been eyeing up the bit of space at the front of the flat. It's not big but I am thinking a Plantock will fit there quite nicely and I can perhaps get a little green fingered and start growing my own herbs...

4 comments:

MerJa Media said...

That's so unfair! Not letting you park in the lounge. What if someone pinches your precious steed? Can't you park in the bedroom? Bicycles make great towel racks.

Caz said...

I think parking it in the bedroom could get even more complicated... although I like the towel rack idea! Thanks for the mention on your blog, have put you up on my 'sites I like' list xx

joellybaby said...

Oh! That's why Mosquito Bikes has a window basket at the moment! I thought it was just a nice window display. What a good idea.

nick said...

This is an awesome idea! As you say, what could be better than bike security and fresh basil?

I'm about to move into a share house and have the same problem: where to park my bike? This could be a good idea.